Friday, November 3, 2017

Review: Concealed by Lisa M. Clark

Concealed
"Book two in The Messengers series!

Less than a year ago, Simon discovered an underground group called the Messengers, and he set out to bring the truth they uncovered to light. The government of New Morgan, however, calls this rogue organization the Darkness and is determined to conceal, even eliminate, everything the Messengers know, whatever it takes.

Coping with consequences and clouded with conflict, Simon tries to navigate the perilous city of Westbend and his new life as an outcast. The Messengers-who formerly only existed in the shadows of Simon's life-have become his family. And it's a good thing, because Simon's life is about to get more difficult than he ever imagined, and there is no way he will be able to make it through alone."


I'm going to be honest...I thought I wasn't going to pick up the next book in this series.
I am so glad I thought wrong! The end of this book made me hunger for the third book. (Of course it's not out yet...)
But oh boy! the plot twists...THE PLOT TWISTS! I can't say much without spoiling it, but boy howdy they got me hard.

Simon grew up so much in this book, that is for sure! You see his faith get tested time and again, struggles with forgiveness, desperation, doubt, and questions. He was so HUMAN in this book. Every Christian has gone through seasons like these, and wondered how we made it out alive. But in the end God worked it out. (like He always does)

I love that each book has a small focus on one of Jesus' disciples, and the redemption of one of his followers. Discovered focused on Simon Peter and Mark, Concealed focused on Judas and Paul. I am anticipating her choices for book 3!

I gave the first book a 3 star, I'm giving this book a 4/5 star. I have such high hopes for book three!

The books are written to flow right into the next. So because of this I recommend reading them in order. (Discovered book 1, Concealed book 2)

Quotes:

“We live in a fallen world. Evil exists. Bad things happen. There's no denying it” -Jonathan Clay pg.98

“We don't get to know all we want to know, but we get to know all we need to know.” -Jonathan Clay pg.99

“We live in a battleground. Truth and deception are at war. Heaven and earth are at odds. Goodness and evil vie for every foothold in every heart.” - Zeke pg.241

“People aren't the enemy son, they're the prize.” - Jonathan Clay (unknown page number)

No comments:

Post a Comment