Friday, April 20, 2018

Review: Unraveling

Unraveling

"Eliyana Ember doesn’t believe in true love. Not anymore. After defeating her grandfather and saving the Second Reflection, El only trusts what’s right in front of her. The tangible. The real. Not some unexplained Kiss of Infinity she once shared with the ghost of a boy she’s trying to forget. She has more important things to worry about—like becoming queen of the Second Reflection, a role she is so not prepared to fill.
Now that the Verity is intertwined with her soul and Joshua’s finally by her side, El is ready to learn more about her mysterious birth land, the land she now rules. So why does she feel like something—or someone—is missing?
When the thresholds begin to drain and the Callings, those powerful magical gifts, begin to fail, El wonders if her link to Ky Rhyen may have something to do with it. For light and darkness cannot coexist. She needs answers before the Callings disappear altogether. Can El find a way to sever her connection to Ky and save the Reflections—and keep herself from falling for him in the process?"


Author: Sara Ella
Length: 368 pages
Format: hardcover, e-book, audio


What happens when happily ever after starts to unravel?


WOAH! Intense doesn't EVEN begin to describe this book! I was floored by book 1 ("Umblemished") and Sara did it again with book 2. 

I was lucky enough to buddy read this book with my friend Jessi. (the sweetest booktuber! You can check out her channel here)
And thank the Lord I had someone to read it with, because I was BURSTING with "WHAT JUST  HAPPENED?!!?" moments every 20 pages. Sara can SERIOUSLY write a plot twist and cliffhanger! MAN! 
There aren't many authors who can keep me on my toes from beginning to end of a book AND also surprise me. I honestly think Sara might be the only one at the moment. And as much as I LOVE my normal romances, I love spicing up my life every once in a while. 

I was #TeamJoshKy for a while in the first book. (I liked them both so I couldn't decide) But by the end of book one I was #TeamKy ALL. THE. WAY. 
Book two started and I was still holding Ky close to my heart, but I started feeling bad for Joshua. I began to pity him and it made me like him more than I should've. 

I would like to nip any fear in the bud right now...I am 100% #TeamKyForever

It got to the point where I was so annoyed with Joshua's character (he is written like that) that I wanted him out of the picture permanently. HOWEVER! Leave it to Sara to leave me questioning all I know AND leave me hanging for another two weeks. (Man I NEED to know how this trilogy ends...PRONTO!)

Ky, (am I the only one who really likes the name Kyaphus?) was SO great! I LOVED his scenes with El, being able to read each other's minds. *insert ALL the heart eyes* He was so snarky, and sassy, and sarcastic, and romantic, and just glorious. I LOAFED HEEM! 

Eliyanna grew a lot in this book. Like I said in my review of book 1 here, El's character was slightly annoying but I'm anxious to see how she's going to apply her new found maturity and strength in book three. 
I loved that she started coming out of her shell of self pity and embraced her situation, with a pretty level head in my opinion. 

I'm also excited to see how her relationship to Ebony comes into play in "Unbreakable". I really enjoyed seeing a shift in Ebony's character. LOVE A GOOD REDEMPTION! 

There were SO many Disney princess references throughout this book and it made my Disney lovin' heart SO HAPPY! It was fun picking out clues and trying to decide which fairytale/princess it belonged to.  

I'm thrilled I found this author, and I love her work. She writes like she's telling-well-a story. I was transported to a make believe world with unfathomable things are a normal occurrence.

I can't decide which has been my favorite book so far, all I can say for sure is I LOVE this series and I LOVE this author! 

I rated this a 4.5/5 stars. It was GREAT and I cannot wait to get my hands and eyeballs on a finished physical copy of the third and final book in this trilogy.
_______________________________________________________

P.S. Thanks for buddy-reading with me J! I had so much fun becoming friends and reading this glorious work of art. Here's to many more buddy-reading sessions. 

1 comment:

  1. This series is my To-read shelf on Goodreads. So many books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete