Saturday, February 23, 2019

Review: Christmas with Cocoa

Christmas with Cocoa

"Robin McKay is determined to save the struggling Animal Shelter and head her hometown's local Christmas event. but when plans go awry and Nate Ashford, Robin's former best friend, are factors at play, will her Christmas wish come true?"


Author: Cleopatra Margot
Length: 376 pages
Series: Faith to Love (book #1)




Healing may not happen overnight,
but it'll happen!


AHH who doesn't love Christmas stories?! 😍😍
I will literally read "Christmas books" at any point of the year. There is just something about them. *happy sigh*

This book is the start to, what I feel will be, an adorable series. The author does an amazing job writing cute, likable characters who center their lives around God. 

This book was a super quick light read. The perfect thing to escape into when you're in the mood for a wholesome story.

I love the "best friend to boyfriend" troupe. Even though Nate had not been in Believe for 8 years, Robin and Nate picked up where they left off pretty quickly.

Robin was the perfect "hometown girl". She'd been in Believe her whole life and never planned to leave. She was a sweet girl who LOVED Christmas and hot cocoa. (YES GIRL!) She loved every two legged and four legged creature.

Nate was the typical Hallmark hero, practically perfect in every way. He was thoughtful and caring, just a gentleman.

I loved that the to separate families were very tight knit on their own, but they also were super close as a group. It was a cute aspect.

Though it definitely has its cliche aspects. (Not mad about it. Love me some cliches) This book had a great message within, and so much hope and love flowing from the pages. The author did not shy away from letting her love for God show, and I for one loved seeing that shine through!

Overall I really enjoyed the story! It was a cute Christmas read, and I NEVER say no to those. I'm excited to read the rest of the series.
I rated it a 3.5/5 stars.

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment