Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Review: More Than Words Can Say

More Than Words Can Say

"After fulfilling a pledge to a dying friend, Zacharias Hamilton is finally free. No family entanglements. No disappointing those around him. Just the quiet bachelor existence he's always craved. Until fate snatches his freedom away when the baker of his favorite breakfast bun is railroaded by the city council. Despite not wanting to get involved, he can't turn a blind eye to her predicament . . . or her adorable dimples.

Abigail Kemp needs a man's name on her bakery's deed. A marriage of convenience seems the best solution . . . if it involves a man she can control. That person definitely isn't the stoic lumberman who oozes silent confidence whenever he enters her shop. Control Zacharias Hamilton? She can't even control her pulse when she's around him.
When vows are spoken, Abigail's troubles should be over. Yet threats to the bakery worsen, and darker dangers hound her sister. Can she put ever more trust in Zach without losing her dreams of independence?"


Author: Karen Witemeyer
Length: 368 pages
Series: A Patchwork Family Novel (book 2)


Is love worth the gamble?


Every female from here to Timbuktu fell in love with Zach Hamilton in "More Than Meets the Eye". The older brother with a checkered past and a tendency to hide his feelings. We all saw what was underneath though, we were just waiting for Karen to bring it all to light in his book. Well ladies...that day has FINALLY come. Zachary Hamilton's story is OUT IN THE WORLD! You all need to go buy it now! It was an A. MAZE. ING. book.

I've had the honor of being apart of Karen's Facebook group called "The Posse" for awhile now. It's fun group where all Karen's fans hang out and chat. A really neat aspect of the group is Karen talks about her works in progress and even asks for help sometimes. So I knew about Zach's story WAY before it even had a cover or a title. I feel like I've been waiting for this book longer than a year. 😅
(PSA: Everyone is welcome to join the group! We LOVE welcoming new Posse members.)

I absolutely adored this book! 😍😍😍 I loved the characters. I loved the troupe. I loved the setting. I loved the chemistry. I loved the message. I loved the family. I LOVED IT ALL!

The author wrote such a well rounded story, I never felt like anything was rushed or incomplete. Each character was perfectly formed and every problem was faced.

I loved Zach! His silent, brooding, gruff self was truly hiding the biggest teddy bear with a massive heart underneath. He just doesn't express it in the same ways everyone else does, but once he considers you family you're locked in forever. He was exactly the kind of guy Abigail was looking for and needed.

Abby was a great character! She was strong, brave, gracious and loving. She had a lot of insecurities because of the way she looked, but throughout the story Zach helps her realize that she is beautiful just the way she is, she is perfect just the way she is. 

Zach and Abby complemented each other so well! Not only did they make each other better, they built each other's relationship with God. They never judged each other, but chose to use each opportunity to learn and grow. 

They both had pasts that they tried to run away from and forget, but they leaned on each other worked through it all. They learned that man will fail you, but God never will.

I LOVED that communication was actually a thing!! I have the hardest time reading and enjoying a book when the main characters don't talk to each other. 
These characters did not have that problem. They never held secrets from each other for very long. They talked everything out and that helped build a foundation for a strong relationship. They knew that if their marriage was going to be a good one they needed to get everything out on the table. 

Lots of healing took place throughout this book, and I enjoyed every minute of watching it happen. 
I'm looking forward to Rosalind's story as well. 
I rated this book a 4.5/5 stars. 

*I received this book from the publisher**I was not required to leave a review**All opinions are my own*


Quotes:

"Choosing a husband was much like choosing a baguette. One looked for a strong outer shell, a tender interior, and most importantly, a tractability of a dough to hold whatever shape the baker deemed appropriate."

1 comment:

  1. I love your review! It matches the book perfectly. I also loved how Zach, who wasnt one for wasting a single word, was always willing to spend his daily allotment on his wife. Even if she was a mad as a hornet! Such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete