Friday, June 28, 2019

Review: Never Kneel to a Knight

Never Kneel to a Knight

"When the thoroughly poised Charlotte Worthington requests that Miss Thorn and her cat Fortune find her a position, she never dreams the savvy employment agency owner would reunite her with Matthew Bateman, her brother’s former bodyguard. Matthew is about to be knighted for an act of valor, and he and his sisters could use some polishing if they’re to enter Society after his elevation. Yet how can Charlotte maintain her calm, cool demeanor as their sponsor when she harbors a secret love for him?

Matthew Bateman cannot forget the beauty who is miles out of his league. Once a boxer called the Beast of Birmingham, Matthew would like nothing better than to be worthy of Charlotte’s hand. As old enemies and new ones attempt to bring him low, can Matthew prove to Charlotte that their love is meant to be?"

Author: Regina Scott
Length: 226 pages
Series: Fortune Brides (book 5)



The Beast of Birmingham.
The Beauty from London.
Can love cross the social gaps?


Y'all! This series has been EVERYTHANG! EVERY. THANG. 
I have loved every single book, and I'm so beyond honored that I've been able to review them all.

We met Charlotte & Matthew in book 4, and I knew from the moment they came on screen they were going to be the cutest couple. 
I was right!

Both of the characters were confident people, until it came to their feelings for each other. They definitely had chemistry, and I was rooting for them from the sidelines.

I loved Matthew. His spirit and his honor were so evident throughout the story. He didn’t need to be named a knight for his true self to be displayed. He was a gentleman at heart. 

Charlotte was perfect for the "Beast". She also had a gentle spirit, and she fought for the people she loved when the need was presented. She was elegant, graceful, and so patient. She took everything life threw at her, but never let people walk over her. 

They both complemented each other so well! I really loved seeing them realize how perfect they were for each other, and what people think doesn't even matter.

Family was such an important part of this series, but this book especially. I LOVED IT! I enjoy when series deal with close knit friendships and families. 😍

Loved the book! Can't wait to finish the series off. (It's going to be so bittersweet)
I rated it a 4/5 stars.

*I received this book from the author**I was not required to leave a positive review**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment