Friday, July 12, 2019

Review: The Number of Love

The Number of Love

"Three years into the Great War, England's greatest asset is their intelligence network--field agents risking their lives to gather information, and codebreakers able to crack every German telegram. Margot De Wilde thrives in the environment of the secretive Room 40, where she spends her days deciphering intercepted messages. But when her world is turned upside down by an unexpected loss, for the first time in her life numbers aren't enough.

Drake Elton returns wounded from the field, followed by an enemy who just won't give up. He's smitten quickly by the intelligent Margot, but how can he convince a girl who lives entirely in her mind that sometimes life's answers lie in the heart?

Amid biological warfare, encrypted letters, and a German spy who wants to destroy not just them but others they love, Margot and Drake will have to work together to save themselves from the very secrets that brought them together."

Author: Roseanna M. White
Length: 386 pages
Series: The Codebreakers (book #1)


"The Toughest Puzzle She'll Have to Solve
Might Be the Wishes of Her Own Heart"


I loved the premise of this book! All of secrets, breaking codes, and action. Definitely my kind of book. 

The characters were really interesting and different for me. Every person written was a genius in some way or another, even the villain. Every brain worked at a different rate than normal people, which made them perfect for the task they were given to help stop the war. 
There were times when I had to skim over the terminology and geek speak. (😔🙊 I'm not a genius by any means lol)
Even with that I still got a great grasp of the characters. 

There were A LOT of moving parts to this story. There was a pretty big cast of characters since there were so many different locations, but it laid the foundation for the story and the series. It is a very interesting time in history as well, one I'm looking forward to learning more about. 

The romance was handled in a way they made sense to the story and still kept this romantic very pleased! 

Margot was a SUPER logical and she was CRAZY smart. I did a bit of a character profile on her a few week ago. 
Here is a quote from Roseanna M. White about Margot's character. 
"I wanted Margot to be distinctive...and also to have some quirks that people today might recognize as being on the very mild end of the autism spectrum. I love exploring how when we have limitations in one respect, God expands us in others."

Though there were times when her character got a little taxing, since I am a feeler and not a thinker, in the end I did like her character.

I loved how Margot & Drake interacted. They were perfectly matched, and I loved how God intertwined their lives! 
And the way he "wooed" her. 😍😍😍 And the way she told him she loved him! 😍😍😍
All of the heart eyes & all of the swooning!

Lots of relationships were cultivated throughout the story, main characters and side characters alike. (There were even some characters from a previous series. 😏)  I loved every single one of them, they just made the book come alive to me.

I really really enjoyed this book, and all the spunk and smarts it brought with it. I'm excited to see where the series goes. 
4/5 stars.

*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment