Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Review: The Elle Project

 The Elle Project

"True Love should never be put to a family vote.

Elle:
All I wanted was a nice, relaxing Christmas vacation at home with my family. But no, the lot of them had to ruin it by inviting my childhood crush, Oliver Moore, and throwing us together at every possible moment. Heaven, help me. 
Now, instead of sipping hot cocoa by the fire, I’m dodging matchmaking attempts and trying to pretend I’m not attracted to Oliver’s adorably perfect smile. I will not become another one of my family’s projects.

Oliver:
I mean, am I upset Elle’s family swindled us into this Christmas vacation together? No. Will I ever admit that aloud? Also, no. I’ve long ago come to terms with the friend zone Elle placed me in back around ninth grade. 
But there’s something different about her this week. Something that’s bringing up feelings I really should ignore.
Too bad ignoring has never been my strong suit."

Author: Summer Dowell

Genre: Holiday Romance


I was ECSTATIC about this book when I heard it was coming out. A Christmas book from Summer? SIGN ME UP!

It’s the perfect little length! Great read when you have a minute to sit down during the holiday hustle & bustle.

I’m really really excited about the rest of this series!! The huge family made me smile CONSTANTLY. (Though the second hand embarrassment was REEEEAAALLL in this book) I could totally see my family turning into this one.

I loved Oliver! But I mean how could any girl not?!
I liked Elle when we were in her head and getting her side of the story. (Sometimes…)

I really did love a lot of the story. HOWEVER…this book’s main theme was one of my biggest pet peeves in a story. NO COMMUNICATION. If they had just talked a bit more it would’ve been so much better. (We would’ve gotten more sweet banter scenes)
The motivation for why Elle kept Oliver at arms length was hard to wrap my mind around, but I’m also a sucker for all things happily ever after so I was just ready for that! 😅

I wish the characters had had just a little more backbone & realized they’re full grown adults. They make their own decisions.

I LOVED the scene with Elle & her daddy. I honestly wish there had been a few more of those moments!
Again, the family….LOVED! They were loud and nosey and in your face. And I loved their chemistry!

I’m SUPER excited about Sophie’s story! She was AN AMAZING side character! We definitely all need a bestie like her!

Overall I did enjoy the book! And I can’t wait for the next one!
3.5/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

1 comment:

  1. This is on my TBR list. One of my biggest pet peeves is also communication, but I will still read it, because like you, I think it will be an enjoyable book.

    ReplyDelete