Friday, February 18, 2022

Review: Marrying Mr. Wrong

Marrying Mr. Wrong

"Gwendolyn McGill wants to be loved and accepted for who she is, but that’s hard to do in a small town where everyone judges her by the scandal her father caused. Unfortunately, the man she hoped would sweep her away from all the wagging tongues is no longer interested in marrying her. Unable to leave town, she’s determined to prove she’s more than just a pretty face who knows how to bat her eyelashes.

For years, Timothy O’Conner has loved Gwen from a distance, knowing someone like her would never be attracted to a lowly ranch hand with a blemished face like him. When Gwen unexpectedly shows up at the ranch, asking him to help her learn how to attract a man of quality, Tim’s feelings become even harder to suppress.

When danger pushes them together, they discover there’s more to each other than either of them imagined. Though God is no respecter of persons, is the desire of their hearts strong enough to defy society’s expectations?"

Author: Melissa Jagears

Genre: Historical Romance

Series: Frontier Vows (book 4)


Can a man who’s completely wrong for her help her find Mr. Right?


Awweee!! My heart! This story was so sweet! If I could’ve held my eyes open just a bit longer I would’ve been able to read it in one day.
I don’t normally enjoy reading e-books, but every chance I got to pick up my phone I was reading!

I loved Gwen’s character! She really grew up so much in this story and I loved that she had someone who shot straight with her. I loved her tenacity! Once she found out what she wanted she went after it. I loved that she learned to be herself, and that God loved her that way and His opinion mattered most.

Tim’s character was a sweetheart! Though his lack of self confidence did start to get a little annoying. His “running away” from Gwen and acting like he couldn’t stand her because of his own thoughts just got a little old. I wish they had both talked to each other sooner. But he was such a dear! Loved him as a main character!

I can see why Tim thought the things he did, it just felt a bit drawn out.
They both felt a little young to me. Not so much naïve, but just young.

I liked their dynamic when they were together, it felt like a good friendship to more. I loved the theme of not judging a book by its cover and love being about more than just a pretty face and money.

It was such a sweet story! Melissa writes such “real life” stories! No one is perfect, and they all learn to trust God. I just really enjoy her writing, and I’m really loving this series!

I’m really excited about the next book, and hope Gwen & Tim make an appearance again.

4/5 stars
*I received the book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment