Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Review: To Write a Wrong

 To Write a Wrong

"Miss Daphne Beekman is a mystery writer by day, inquiry agent by night. Known for her ability to puzzle out plots, she prefers working behind the scenes for the Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency, staying well away from danger. However, Daphne soon finds herself in the thick of an attempted murder case she's determined to solve.

Mr. Herman Henderson is also a mystery writer, but unlike the dashing heroes he pens, he lives a quiet life, determined to avoid the fate of his adventurous parents, who perished on an expedition when he was a child. But when he experiences numerous attempts on his life, he seeks out the services of the eccentric Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency to uncover the culprit. All too soon, Herman finds himself stepping out of the safe haven of his world and into an adventure he never imagined.

As the list of suspects grows and sinister plots are directed Daphne's way as well, Herman and Daphne must determine who they can trust and if they can risk the greatest adventure of all: love."

Author: Jen Turano
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency (book 2)



Okay. Okay. Not going to lie, about page 250 I text my friend and told her I was struggling with the book. It felt like I had been reading for a while and so much was happening, and HAD happened that the fact that there was STILL 100+ pages was daunting to me.
But y’all! I’m so glad I pushed through, because that was the CUTEST ending I’ve read in a while!

I loved Daphne in this story! She was an absolute HOOT and so bizarre but soo incredibly fun. I loved how strong she truly was, even when she couldn’t see it. Even though she was prone to nerves she never let it stop her from living her life and enjoying adventures.

Herman was a doll! Or a sugar plum if you will. Such an understanding and adorable hero! While he seemed a little soft I really enjoyed the change. He wasn’t a coward, but he wasn’t the one to unnecessarily put himself or people he loved in harms way. And the way he cared for people’s feelings, and saw the best in them. *swoon*

I LOOOOOVVVEEEEDDD that they were BOTH authors and their banter about writing and all the things that came with being mystery authors.

All the additional romance in the air throughout the Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency was also a fun addition. 😉 I’m excited for Eunice’s story!!!!

I really enjoyed how Jen handled topics of women’s rights and the lack of true justice for the women of that time who were attacked. There were a few times it seemed a bit heavy for a Jen Turano book it was done well without malice so I think it worked well!

There were quite a few moving parts to the story, and it felt a little long. But Jen made it fun and wacky (as the queen of historical comedy does) and overall it was a good story!

I loved being back in Jen’s mind, even for a bit. And I’m so glad I picked this book up! I can’t wait for book 3!!
4/5 stars!
*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book as well. LOVED Daphne and Herman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been enjoying this series. Glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete