Thursday, April 28, 2022

Review: Unknown Threat

Unknown Threat

"US Secret Service Special Agent Luke Powell is lucky to be alive. Three of his fellow agents have died in unusual circumstances in the past ten weeks. Luke is devastated by the loss of his friends and colleagues, and his inability to locate the killer feels like a personal failure. He's an expert at shielding others, but now the protectors are in need of protection.

FBI Special Agent Faith Malone is driven to succeed and confident in her ability to solve every case she's assigned. She's been put in charge of the investigation into the unprecedented attacks, and with Luke's life in danger, the stakes have never been higher. But it's hard to know how to fight back when you don't know who the enemy is.

As more agents are targeted, Luke and Faith will have to work together to bring a killer to justice and prevent any more names from joining their fallen brothers and sisters on the Secret Service Wall of Honor."


Author: Lynn H. Blackburn
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Defend and Protect (book 1)

***

Lynn is amaze balls! I’m obsessed with this new team and I CANNOT wait for Zane & Tessa’s story. It’s sure to be an interesting one!!

I loved Faith & Luke! They had the type of chemistry you could cut with a knife. (Not spicy, just enough to know they would be a good fit for each other)

I loved that Faith fit right in with the secret service team, and they all treated each other with respect! Even though they were dealing with a unTHINKABLE tragedy, they gave the FBI time to work the case. And didn’t truly blame anyone when things went wrong.

Luke was a DOLL! I mean, he was a hunk, but a true gentleman! Though he had his reasonings for distrusting the FBI he learned to trust Faith and didn’t let his misgivings affect how he treated her.

I really enjoyed the story! Though all the deaths made me sad…even fictional it’s terrible when a good person looses their life. I will never understand the mind of a bad guy, or why they think what they’re doing is acceptable. (Fictional or not)

The romance was *chef’s kiss*! I’ll take kisses in the rain, in a car, any day. ðŸ˜‰ And the final chapter made me all smiley/giddy! *major heart eyes*

I read this one after Malicious Intent (don’t judge me too much…) and I can say that I didn’t feel like I missed anything, but I’m so glad I have the full picture of the team now! (Well-I have questions about Zane & Tessa, but doesn’t everyone?!)

I got through this book so fast! It was action packed from the beginning, and Lynn is such a talented author it was so easy getting lost in this world.

I rated it a 4/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I love your review :) I really enjoyed this one as well!! I also enjoyed Malicious Intent.

    ReplyDelete