Thursday, May 26, 2022

Review: Sir Andrew and the Authoress

 Sir Andrew and the Authoress

"As the daughter of a duke, Lady Josephine has a long list of responsibilities, and an even longer list of things she must never do to dishonor the family name. Josephine knows exactly which side becoming an author falls upon, but she's determined to try her hand at it anyway. For months she has worked on her novel in secret, writing chapter after chapter of intrigue and romance.
Unfortunately for Josephine, her sworn enemy stumbles upon her secret.

Sir Andrew Wycomb's close relationship to the Duke of Montfort's family and heir gives him more than one advantage in life. His loyalty to the family is absolute, even if he finds at least one of its members an annoyance. He and Lady Josephine have never seen eye-to-eye. But when he discovers that she's written a novel upon a subject she knows nothing about, he cannot help but sympathize with her dream. This creates an unlikely ceasefire between them.

But things at the castle are always changing, and when a determined suitor arrives to court Josephine, Andrew has to decide which secrets he's going to keep. Especially when he discovers the one he's kept even from himself - that perhaps he doesn't find Josephine an annoyance at all. In fact, she is quite charming. The more time they spend together, the more he hopes she will realize they aren't enemies, and they could be so much more..."


Author: Sally Britton

Genre: Regency Romance

Series: Clairvoir Castle Romances (book 3)



While this is my first book by Sally, it will not be my last.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story! It was a quick and light regency romance that had me smiling from ear to ear.

I ADORED the banter between Andrew & Josephine! Every time they were together fireworks were going off like CRAZY, and I was eating it up with a spoon!

While I never really completely understood Josephine’s annoyance with Andrew, I’m not complaining about it because we got some adorable moments between the two of them! 💥😍

The romance was so noticeable to everyone around, especially the reader, but I would still consider it a slow burn since it went from “irritation to love”. And I loved every minute of it! 👏👏

ALL of the characters were great! I loved the tight knit family. It was beautifully done and felt authentic!!

I wish Josephine’s “author” journey would’ve been talked about a little more. Since it wasn’t really an acceptable thing to pursue back then I did enjoy the bits we got. I wish we would’ve gotten Andrew’s “thoughts” about it.


Overall it was an adorable read! And I’m anxious to get the other books in the series (and watch for the ones coming after this)
I rated it 4/5 stars
*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment