Thursday, February 23, 2023

Review: Before I Called You Mine

 Before I Called You Mine

"Lauren Bailey may be a romantic at heart, but after a decade of matchmaking schemes gone wrong, there's only one match she's committed to now--the one that will make her a mother. Lauren is a dedicated first-grade teacher in Idaho, and her love for children has led her to the path of international adoption. To satisfy her adoption agency's requirements, she gladly agreed to remain single for the foreseeable future; however, just as her long wait comes to an end, Lauren is blindsided by a complication she never saw coming: Joshua Avery.

Joshua may be a substitute teacher by day, but Lauren finds his passion for creating educational technology as fascinating as his antics in the classroom. Though she does her best to downplay the undeniable connection between them, his relentless pursuit of her heart puts her commitment to stay unattached to the test and causes her once-firm conviction to waver.

With an impossible decision looming, Lauren might very well find herself choosing between the two deepest desires of her heart . . . even if saying yes to one means letting go of the other."

Author: Nicole Deese
Genre: Contemporary Romance

***

Y’all. I don’t know why I waited so long to pick up this book!
THE STORY INSIDE?!? Wow. Just…wow! I was torn between inhaling it in one sitting, and taking my time to soak in every bit of goodness!

That was one of the most heartfelt, wonderful books I’ve read in awhile! I could feel EVERY emotion radiating off the page. The good, the bad, the ugly! And I could relate to it in small ways. Obviously not the in the “adoption” way, but in the anxiety of the future & stressing when God’s timing doesn’t look like mine. The struggle and the fear — but the PEACE! The unmeasurable peace when you finally let go & let God. FELT IT ALL!

But that wasn’t the only beautiful thing in this story. The romance!! I was a little worried, I’m not gonna lie, when I was deciding to pick the book up. I’m a romance girl at heart and I don’t do well when there’s isn’t some kind of wooing going on. 😜
BUT Y’ALL!! Joshua AVERY! Obsessed & obsessed! Where do I find one of those? Do I order it on Amazon??
The communication! The chemistry! The friendship! The TRUE love! The waiting! Just…*chefs kiss* FABULOUS!

This book was a beautifully crafted piece of art! And I am so beyond thankful that Nicole shared a piece of her heart with the world, because you can see & feel it within these pages! And I’m SO GLAD I picked it up! Definitely can’t wait to read another book by Nicole!!
5/5 stars
*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment