Friday, January 22, 2021

Review: The Matchmaker's Rogue


The Matchmaker's Rogue

"Polished Jesslyn Chance has one of the most enviable positions in the little Regency coastal village of Grace-by-the-Sea. She is the hostess of the spa, arranging introductions and entertainments and playing matchmaker to the ladies and gentlemen who come to take the waters, promenade through the shops, and dance at the assembly. But when a rogue returns from her past, Jess finds herself suddenly at sea.

Always an adventurer, Larkin Denby left Grace-by-the-Sea to right the wrongful death of his father. Now he’s back on a mission: to identify the mysterious Lord of the Smugglers who allegedly sails from Grace Cove and takes England’s secrets to France. 

But Grace-by-the-Sea is the perfect little spa town, run by the still oh-so-perfect Jesslyn Chance. When the village’s future is threatened, Jess must work with Lark to solve the mystery and protect the town’s own. In doing so, the matchmaker of Grace-by-the-Sea may just find that the best match for her is the rogue who stole her heart years ago."


Author: Regina Scott

Genre: Historical Romance

Series: Grace-by-the-Sea (book 1)


Grace-by-the-Sea: Where romance and adventure come home.


I'm not going to lie, it took me a hot minute to get through this book. I tried numerous times, but there was always something that just pulled me out of it. But I'm so glad I kept trying, because I really think I'm going to enjoy this series! 

There were A LOT of moving parts to this book since we had to introduce a whole cast of characters who will keep popping up throughout the series. I'm really interested to get into everyone's stories and see how they all weave together with the "Lord of the Smugglers". 

Lark & Jess were a cute couple! Though they had known each other for years, they weren't the same people from before. It was cute to see them relearn things about each other, while still knowing so much. I'm hoping we get to see them more throughout the series. Life after proposal if you will...

This wasn't a big "back story/ton of history" book for the characters, so I'm hoping we learn more about them all as we go. It was a very "in the moment" book which I did really enjoy.

I'm excited about the start of this new series! Can't wait to read book 2.

3.5/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment