Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Review: To Steal a Heart

To Steal a Heart

"After a childhood as a street thief, Gabriella Goodhue thought she'd put her past behind her until a fellow resident at her boardinghouse is unjustly accused of theft. In the middle of breaking into a safe that holds the proof to prove her friend's innocence, Gabriella is interrupted by Nicholas Quinn, the man she once considered her best friend--until he abandoned her.


After being taken under the wing of a professor who introduced him into society and named him as heir, Nicholas is living far removed from his childhood life of crime. As a favor to a friend, Nicholas agreed to help clear the name of an innocent woman, never imagining he'd be reunited with the girl he thought lost to him forever.

As Gabriella and Nicholas are thrown together into one intrigue after another, their childhood affection grows into more, but their newfound feelings are tested when truths about their past are revealed and danger follows their every step."

Author: Jen Turano
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: The Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency (book 1)


 Past are revealed
Danger follows their every step


AHH! I'm SO excited to start this new series!! It's such a fun idea, and I love the characters already. (I mean are we surprised?! Its Jen Turano...)

I loved Nicholas & Gabriella, they were so adorable! I LOVE the "childhood best friend/sweethearts" troupe. Though their lives had taken drastic turns from when they had known each other, they fell into a familiarity instantly. The chemistry was cute! 

I loved the twists & turns that the book took. They were all pretty predicable, but they were perfect for this story. 
The book was a little on the "fast paced" side, but I always fly through Jen's books regardless.

God wasn't mentioned a whole lot throughout the story, which made me little sad because they're were definitely places for it. There were strong messages throughout the book though, so it hit all the sweet spots.

It was the PERFECT happily ever after, that had me smiling from beginning to end. I'm CRAZY EXCITED about the rest of the series!! I cannot wait to see these characters again, and get some questions answered. 😉😉  
I rated it a 4/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment