Thursday, February 16, 2023

Review: Cabin Mate

 Cabin Mate

"When the woman of my dreams finally becomes available, all bets are off.


I lost a bet to my older brother. My evil, life-ruining older brother. (Okay, maybe that’s a little over-dramatic).

Now I can’t go on a date for FOUR months. I can’t even touch a woman. No hand holding. Forget kissing.

I’m walking the straight and narrow (AKA dateless and lonely) just fine. Until my best friend (the woman I’ve been pining over since college) gets her heart broken.

How can I say no to those big, gorgeous blue eyes when she asks me to fly to Vermont to attend her sister’s wedding with her? As her fake boyfriend.

Yeah, all bets are off. (Don’t tell my brother).

It’ll be easy… pretend to be my best friend’s boyfriend without holding her, kissing her, or falling even 
more in love than I already am.

But when we end up having to share a room at her family’s cabin, the line between real and fake becomes very blurry…and very tempting."

Author: Leah Brunner
Genre: Rom-Com
Series: Under the Kansas Skies (book 4)

***

Oh Brooks will forever be a book boyfriend!! *swoon*

I looovvee a good “best friend to more” story! Then add FAKE DATING, one bed tropes on top of it?! Slap some butter on me and call me a biscuit. IM SOLD!

Brooks & Molly were so cute together and I loved the college flashback scenes! There were just enough of them that you can see their friendship building, but too many that it pulled from the main story.

I ADORED how honest and REAL they were with each other! They didn’t worry about their families, their money, or anything — they were just themselves! AND THEY HAD GREAT COMMUNICATION!!

I wish Molly had stood up for herself a little bit sooner, but I feel like the moment she did really did shine and it was important to her character!

I LOVE the Windells and I’m going to miss them wholeheartedly, but I’m glad rereading is a thing! I CANNOT wait to see what Leah has coming down the pipeline!

ALSO!! If you get the paperback SCAN THE BARCODE and read the bonus epilogue!! It’s 20 years later, and it made me heart so happy!

I LOVE FAMILY CENTERED BOOKS SO MUCH!

4/5 stars
*not cf, closed door with mild language*

*I received the book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment