Sunday, February 19, 2023

Review: The Cowgirl's Sacrifice

 The Cowgirl's Sacrifice

"This cowgirl has wandered back home…

Will she choose her past or her future?

Needing time to heal after a rodeo injury, Kate Rainbolt heads to her family ranch to accept the foreman job her brothers offered her months ago. But the position’s already been filled by her ex-boyfriend, Jess McNally, and the only open job reports to him. With Jess as her temporary boss—and turning into something more—might he finally convince Kate to put down roots?"

Author: Tina Radcliffe
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Hearts of Oklahoma (book 4)

***

Awww the Rainbolts! How I love this sweet sibling crew! I love being back on Rebel Ranch!

I was excited when I found out Kate was getting her own story! A barrel racer turned rodeo clown. I was excited for her story. But she was tough for me to connect with. There was something about her “I don’t need any help. I can do it all alone.” act that got a little tiresome. While I understood her need to leave home 10 years before, I didn’t understand her hesitation to stay and put down roots.

Jess never stopped loving Kate, and while that was sweet I definitely understood Kate’s hurt when she realized he never really started trusting her again once she came home. He had a guard up the whole time and kind of believed the worst of her in some areas. But in the same instant he was showing her how much he cared for her and how well they fit together.

Something about the pacing & the romance felt a little off. They FINALLY communicated with each other, and made steps for a healthy relationship.

Overall the message of the story was GREAT! There were a lot of wonderful tidbits in there about God loving you, and never leave you, and trusting in Him for all things! He’s the healer of all hurts!

I do love the Rainbolts! And I ADORE the Rebel Ranch crew, and I was glad to be back!
3/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*


No comments:

Post a Comment