Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Review: A Match in the Making

 A Match in the Making

"Miss Gwendolyn Brinley accepted a temporary paid companion position for the Newport summer season, believing it would be a lark to spend the summer in America's most exclusive town. She suddenly finds her summer turning anything but amusing when her employer expects her to take over responsibilities as an assistant matchmaker. Tasked with the daunting prospect of attaining advantageous matches for her clients, Gwendolyn soon finds herself in the employ of Mr. Walter Townsend, the catch of the Season, but a gentleman Gwendolyn finds beyond irritating.

Walter Townsend is reluctantly in search of a wife for the sake of his unruly motherless children who cannot keep a governess for long. What he wasn't expecting was Miss Brinley, an amateur matchmaker who turns his quest for a new wife into a complete and utter debacle. Constantly besieged by society ladies on a mission to win his affection, Walter must find a way to overcome their inundating attention--and his unexpected attraction toward Gwendolyn.

The more time they spend together throughout the Newport Season, the harder it is for Gwendolyn to find Walter a wife when she realizes his perfect match might be . . . her."

Author: Jen Turano
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: The Matchmakers (book 1)

***

I’m absolutely enthralled with this new series and cannot wait for all the craziness that is sure to ensue! But let’s get on to my thoughts on this story…

Oh this story did my heart good! It’s full to bursting! While I’ve loved everything Jen has written this story took me back to her first series! It felt like home!!

The characters were beautiful in only the way Jen can do! They were humorous, and spunky, and just a good time!!

Gwendolyn is my spirit animal! I loved how she spoke her mind, no matter if she broke society rules, but it was always done out of love and in defense of someone else! She loved everyone in some aspect or another one and she had everyone’s best interests at heart. I want to be more like her when I grow up.

Walter was *chefs kiss* FABULOUS! (Even with all his flaws) He was a typical society gentlemen who was looking for a wife for his children. He took all of Gwendolyn’s matchmaking in stride, and actually listened and changed throughout the story to be the father they ACTUALLY needed!

I loved every. single. second. of this story!! I loved each character! The children were ADORABLE! I LOVED their antics and their interactions with Gwendolyn and with Walter. This story has my heart truly!! I loved the growth each character went through in their own way!

The “suspense” plot was a *little* cliche, and felt a little like it was just thrown in there to be there. BUT! It also opened the door for some conversations to be had and realizations to be made. So I wasn’t mad at it at all!

This book gave me all the feels! All the swoons! All the smiles. All the sighs! It just made me…happy!
5/5 stars

*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! - Rachel Dixon

    ReplyDelete