Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Review: Yours Truly, Thomas

Yours Truly, Thomas
"For three years, Penny Ercanbeck has been opening other people's mail. Dead ends are a reality for clerks at the Dead Letter Office. Still she dreams of something more--a bit of intrigue, a taste of romance, or at least a touch less loneliness. When a letter from a brokenhearted man to his one true love falls into her hands, Penny seizes this chance to do something heroic. It becomes her mission to place this lost letter into the hands of its intended recipient.

Thomas left his former life with no intention of ending up in Azure Springs, Iowa. He certainly didn't expect a happy ending after what he had done. All he wanted to do was run and never look back. In a moment of desperation, he began to write, never really expecting a reply.

When Penny's undertaking leads her to the intriguing man who touched her soul with his words, everything grows more complicated. She wants to find the rightful owner of the letter and yet she finds herself caring--perhaps too much--for the one who wrote it."


Author: Rachel Fordham
Length: 320 pages
Publisher: Revell


"Signed, Sealed, Delivered,
I'm Yours"


GUYS! THIS BOOK IS ABOUT THE DEAD LETTER OFFICE!!!! I REPEAT.
THE. DEAD. LETTER. OFFICE. 
*insert ALL of the heart eyes*

Last year my mama, sister, and I found the TV series "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" that Hallmark produces, and ever since I've been obsessed with the DLO. When I found out Rachel was doing a story based around it I might've totally screamed. 

I just love how her heroes are always sweet & gentle! They have the biggest shift of perspective and mind-set throughout the story.

Her heroines are normally a little naive & self conscious. They have the biggest shift of self love and assurance.

Each character grows throughout the story, normally because and with each other.
These characters were no different, and I loved them.

Penny & Thomas had less than graceful falls from society, they felt that hiding was the proper response. But through fate and letters they found that hiding isn't all it's cracked up to be. Together they learned to live life fully. 

I really enjoyed the addition of the dog in the story! Honeysuckle was a hoot, but she was the perfect companion when she was needed. 

I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO WRITE ME A LOVE LETTER! Okay, that is all. 😍😭😍😭

Though not a series, we do get to back to Azure Springs in this adorable story, and I am SUPER excited about it! 
I've loved Azure Springs and the people there since "The Hope of Azure Springs", that came out last summer.

Stories are a HUGE aspect to Rachel's books. I love seeing how includes her love of stories into her writing. 

Rachel writes the sweetest, most wholesome stories chock full of hope and healing!

I look forward to see what story this author releases next.
4/5 stars!

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

Quotes: 

"I think God knows we need reminders from time to time. He wraps up in a little blessing in a sound or smell. A testament of his love."

No comments:

Post a Comment