Friday, November 22, 2019

Review: Deadly Deceit

Deadly Deceit

"Independent and tenacious journalist Vivian DeMarco is back in Walton, Georgia, for one reason--to do her job and get out. When her boss suddenly dies under suspicious circumstances, Vivian's only hope for finding the truth--and the next big story--is small-town law enforcement's lanky poster boy, Deputy Ryan Frost. But the deeper they dig, the more twisted the truth becomes, and Vivian finds herself fighting for not only answers but also her life. False leads, incriminating emails, and someone called The Watcher force Vivian to confront the secret of her past and decide: How much is she willing to risk for the sake of a headline?"


Author: Natalie Walters
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Harbored Secrets (book 2)


Welcome back to Walton, Georgia.
Where everyone knows your name--but no one knows your secret.


AH! I'm back! FINALLY!
Life has gotten away from me, but I'm working hard to finish this year strong. Thank you for sticking with me! I love you big!

I read quite a few books during my "posting hiatus" and Natalie's book was one of them! So today I'm gonna give all the thoughts to you.

***

I knew I was going to love this book when I found out who it was going to be about!
I really wanted to see how the author was going to write Vivian's redemption arc, since she was a piece of work in book 1.

I loved the chemistry between Vivian and Ryan. The more geeky they got, the more I loved them. (YES to all the superhero references!)
Their romance was on the quicker side, but they fit so well together it worked. They opened up to each other quickly, and they became friends. They just worked well together.

Both characters were dealing with problems that held them back from their own dreams.
Ryan felt he couldn't chase his dreams because he needed to be their for his family.
Vivian felt she couldn't chase her dreams because she trying to live up to expectations she put on herself.
Their connection helped them see the other person holding back, and they became each other's greatest confidant & supporter.

Ryan was...😍 YES! Natalie can write a man in uniform. 😍 LOVED HIM!
I really liked seeing his character development, while still keeping his "shy, nerdy, quirky" characteristics.

Vivian was a huge turnaround character from book 1, and I was HERE FOR IT! I loved watching the "small town magic" suck her in and break her walls down.

There were actually a few different suspense plot lines running throughout the story, and I really enjoyed that. Amped it up. 😉 It was relatively action packed, since Vivian was always getting into scrapes.

I do wish the "motive" for the whole scheme had been explained a little more. It felt a little rushed and unfinished, but I think it was because there were so many players.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story! I rated it a 4/5 stars.

*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own* 

No comments:

Post a Comment