Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Review: The Major's Daughter

The Major's Daughter

"Caroline Adams returns to Indian Territory after tiring of confining society life. She wants adventure, and when she and her friend Amber come across swaggering outlaw Frisco Smith, they find his dreams for the new territory are very persuasive. With the much-anticipated land run pending, they may just join the rush.

Growing up parentless, all Frisco Smith wanted was a place to call his own. It's no wonder that he fought to open the Unassigned Lands. After years of sneaking across the border, he's even managed to put in a dugout house on a hidden piece of property he's poised to claim.

When the gun sounds, everyone's best plans are thrown out the window in the chaos of the run. Caroline and Frisco soon find themselves battling over a claim--and both dig in their heels. Settling the rightful ownership will bring these two closer than they ever expected and change their ideas of what a true home looks like."


Author: Regina Jennings
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: Fort Reno Series (book 3)



She Staked a Claim on His Land.
He Staked a Claim on Her Heart.


After 3 years we're saying goodbye to Fort Reno, and all the lovable characters who lived within the pages.

This was a cute story. I really enjoyed the "new town" premise! It's not something you see a whole lot of in the genre. 

I was looking forward to seeing more of Amber and Bradley, but they honestly fell a bit short for me. I felt like I was missing the character development we got in their origin novella. 
The "fighting" between Bradley, Amber, and Caroline got annoying really fast. It ended up pushing the plot, so I guess I understand why it was there but I didn't enjoy it.

Caroline & Frisco's relationship was cute. I liked the troupe that the author used, not quite "hate to love:, but fun nonetheless.
The "mystery" element was perfect for this story. Though a smidgen predictable, it fit wonderfully.

Regina is the perfect author to pass the time with. Her books are sweet, fast, light reads. They're the perfect thing if you just need a break. I'm excited to see what she has coming down the road.

Overall it was a cute story.
3.5/5 stars.

*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment