Friday, August 21, 2020

Review: Ready to Trust

 Ready to Trust

"Rancher Reece Rainbolt’s shocked to learn he’s inherited half of Claire Ballard’s family farm—and that he’s a father. Now Claire’s determined to break ties with the man who once left her behind. But Reece will buy her half only on one condition: she must stay in town to help with the harvest…and let him get to know his little girl."


Author: Tina Radcliffe
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Hearts of Oklahoma (book 2)




Proving he’s a changed man 
could be his biggest challenge yet.


Y'all, I was SO excited for this book. Like I was squealing the minute Reece came on the stage in the first book. I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPES!
Sadly, this one did NOT hit it for me. 

I have a REALLY REALLY REALLY hard time with the "secret child" troupe! Especially because the mothers seem to have the "holier-than-thou" "helicopter mom" attitude, and I can NOT get behind that character arc. 
That troupe normally goes hand & hand with the "I'll never ACTUALLY trust them, even though I said I did" troupe. Which is equally as irritating to me, personally. 
Claire fell PERFECTLY into this character mold, so I had the hardest time liking her!

Reece was great, though he was just as stubborn as Claire.
They were BOTH so hung up on the past! I felt like they kept repeating the same thing, and never actually fixing the problem. It was a bandaid relationship.

I ADORED the background characters! They made the whole thing worth it to me. 💙 I loved seeing the Rainbolt family all together.
I am looking forward to the next in the series. That one promises to be fun. 😉

So no, this wasn't my favorite book in the world, BUT I know Tina is going to knock it out of the park next time!
I rated it a 2.5/5 stars.

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment