Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Review: Jocelyn

Jocelyn 

"But instead of a man-eating Southern belle in hoop skirts and big hats, my version of existence looks an awful lot like a financial conglomerate employee staring blankly at budget analysis spreadsheets. Either way, the motto has served me well most my life. Until now, that is. The corporate retreat location has just been announced, and this city girl is headed to a dude ranch in the country. How will Scarlett help me survive that? No, this time I’ll turn to the sage advice of preteen YouTubers and their ponies to keep me from making a fool of myself. But who’s going to help me navigate the kind yet reticent cowboy in the black Stetson—the cattle ranch owner who’s slowly claiming corners of my heart?"


Author: Sarah Monzon

Genre: Contemporary Romance (rom-com)

Series: Sewing in Socal (book 2)


WWSOD—What would Scarlett O’Hara do? 

Anything to survive, that’s what.


If Hallmark needs new writers they can hire Sarah! This was the perfect "Hallmarkesque" story, and it made my little cheesy romance loving heart so happy. (The texting bit was my favorite. ALL OF THE GRINNING!)

I loved the setting of the book! (We all know how I feel about ranch stories 😍😉) The "city girl meets country boy" was perfect. It was a cute cheesy "cowboy romance", and I loved it.


I enjoyed Jocelyn's character! Her drive, her determination, her backstory. I understand why she felt the way she did, but I love that Malachi brought out the dreamer in her again.

I loved Malachi. He was so shy it hurt a few times, but he had the biggest heart. Jocelyn really brought him out of his shell.

They both really brought out the best in each other!!


I will say I missed the "SoCal girls". Even though we saw a bit of them it wasn't as much as in "Molly". I just missed their meetings.

I felt that the "corporate relationships" kind of fizzled as the story progressed, but it wasn't the main focal point and the book is short so I can't complain. 


This was definitely adorable! I LOVED the side characters, both the SoCal gals and Malachi's family. They really made the story! But I will say the TRUE stars were Scout & Domino. 😉😉

I rated it a 4/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment