Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Review: To Disguise the Truth

To Disguise the Truth

"When a man arrives at the Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency, anxious to hire them to find a missing heiress, Eunice Holbrooke realizes her past has finally caught up with her . . . and that she may no longer be able to hide under the disguise that has kept her safe for so long.

Arthur Livingston's goal in life is to make his mark on the world as a mining industrialist, but after the man who could help him achieve his goal is murdered, Arthur feels compelled to seek justice for the family--but he's left with more questions than answers after the eccentric Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency refuses to take on his case.

Desperate to conceal her real identity and avoid the irritatingly handsome Arthur, Eunice takes on a different case that requires her to go deep undercover and entangles her in one troublesome situation after another. When other secrets come to light, Eunice has no choice but to confront her past, hopeful that it will set her free but knowing it could very well place her life--and the lives of those she loves--in jeopardy."

Author: Jen Turano
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency (book 3)



Aaahhh!! Be still my romantic heart! *swoon*

We got Eunice’s story, and it was so worth the wait. 😍

I LOVED finally seeing all of Eunice’s mystery revealed! I loved getting to see more of HER, and not just the persona she put on before. She was such a fun character who possessed more feelings than she showed. She was strong, but not so strong that she couldn’t accept help when needed.

I adored Arthur! He was such a sweetheart and I loved how he cared for Eunice from the beginning. (Whether he knew it or not)
He was a wonderful lead, and was perfect for Eunice. (As she was for him)

I loved how they admitted to purposely getting on each other nerves just to get a debate out of each other! But when it mattered they were honest with each other and leaned on each other for help.

The “mystery/family drama” aspect was fun for me! I enjoyed all the secrets and twists. I did see part of it from the beginning, but not all so it was still a fun revelation.

I loved seeing ALL the Bleeker Street girls getting their happily ever afters. It just made me all smiling and happy!
I literally sat pretty much the whole time I was reading with a grin on my face. (Which happens any time I read a Jen book 😝)

This book - this series - just made me happy! I’ve enjoyed every story and every moment. I’m anxious to see what Jen has for us next!
4.5/5 stars
*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment