Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Review: Meet Hate

 Meet Hate

"If there’s one thing I’m sure of, it's that I’ll do anything to prevent some suit from walking onto my family farm and buying it from us.

Hayes may think he can show up at our home, fling a contract in my face, and I’ll drop to my knees and thank him for saving the day, but he’s got it all wrong.

Even if it means Hayes has to spend more time on the farm, sleeping in the bedroom next to me, and almost getting a limb cut off.

When I learn that Hayes needs his job to care for his nephew, I see a different side to the grumpy businessman and understand his motives. He may be the enemy, but soon I can’t deny the chemistry that sizzles between us.

But his boss gives him an ultimatum to finalize the sale or get fired, and I make the greatest sacrifice of my life and sign the contract so he can raise his nephew right. Even if it means losing the man I love."


Author: Abi Sabina

Genre: Clean Sweet Rom-Com

Series: Meet Cute (book 3) 


***


I could 100% see this book becoming a Hallmark movie!
Big city guy coming to buy a small family farm = enemy #1!
Small town girl who loves the farm with her whole heart = instant hate of enemy #1!

This was probably one of the most “realistic” showings of “hate to love” since Ellie had a valid reason not to really like Hayes. But I feel like it did take her a long time to realize that he was just the middle man doing his job.

I did enjoy the slower burn of their romance since they were complete strangers, as well as the grumpy/grumpy to grumpy/sunshine little bit we had.

I really loved the family and the farm and how welcoming the parents were! They knew that their circumstances were dire and they had to do what was best for their family.

It took me being almost 50% in before I really cared about Ellie & Hayes together though, and even then their chemistry felt a little forced to me until closer to the end.
But I loved that Hayes threw himself in everything on the farm and really came away a changed man. And I loved Ellie’s deep love of the farm and the animals! 

Ellie read a bit young to me, and while I could sympathize with her character she did start to feel a little immature. 

Auggie was a sweet kid and a fun addition to the cast! I loved that he lit up when he was on the farm, and how seamlessly he fell into the Bishop clan. Hayes was a great uncle and I loved their relationship.

Overall it was sweet! The dialogue felt a little stilted and forced in some areas, but I’m looking forward to reading other works by Abi!
3.5/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! Did you read the first two in the series?

    ReplyDelete