Saturday, February 2, 2019

Review: Her Last Chance Cowboy





"When pregnant single mother Hannah Vincent shows up professing to be the half sister of the Maxwells of Big Heart Ranch, horse trainer Tripp Walker is wary. Wounded before, he doesn’t trust easily. If only Hannah and her feisty five-year-old daughter weren’t so impossible to resist. Now, despite his doubts, joining this little family is quickly becoming the cautious cowboy’s greatest wish."





Author: Tina Radcliffe
Length: 224 pages
Series: Big Heart Ranch, book 4


She came seeking family…
Will she find love at Big Heart Ranch


I always get excited when I hear Tina Radcliffe is putting out a book. She has quickly worked her way into my "top favorite authors" list! This book was no exception, I've been anxiously awaiting this book since book 3 of the series came out.

If there ever was a character that I wanted to pluck out of a book and hug, it was Tripp Walker! He's been such a strong character since the beginning of the series, but I always knew there was something below the surface. 
I was THRILLED when I found out he was going to get his own happily ever after. 

I loved seeing him interact with the horses and all the kids. He really was the biggest teddy bear around. He was so gentle and sweet, and humble to boot. He just was a great character!

Hannah wasn't my favorite. She seemed very cookie cutter, single mom to me. She was a helicopter mom who wanted to keep her daughter close and never trust a man again. And though I get WHY she was like this, the character wasn't original so she kind of bored me more than anything. I did see some change throughout the story, but it wasn't enough to get me to love her.

Here's the thing, everyone knows that the love inspired line follows a hand full of plots. There is a rare occurrence when an author can write characters so unlike anything else you forget that its a love inspired book. Normally Tina KILLS the writing characters with a twist game, however this one was meh. 

I seriously LOVED the Extreme Mustang Makeover sub-plot, I honestly wish this part of the story had more screen time. It was such a great aspect!

The story overall was good, it wasn't my favorite of the series. It felt like it was missing something, but I can't pinpoint what it was. 
It was a good end to a great series. I will definitely miss Big Heart Ranch and its crew!
I rated this a 3.5/5 stars.

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment