Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Review: Never Marry a Marquess

Never Marry a Marquess
"Shy Ivy Bateman has always felt more comfortable behind the scenes than front and center. She is happiest caring for her family and baking sweet treats. She certainly never expected the wealthy Marquess of Kendall to propose marriage, especially a marriage of convenience. It seems his baby daughter needs a mother, and Ivy cannot deny the attraction of the role, or the attraction she feels for the handsome marquess.

Kendall had asked Miss Thorn of the Fortune Employment Agency to find him a particular sort of lady. His heart went to the grave with his first wife. Now, all he cares about is ensuring his frail daughter doesn’t follow it. Installing Ivy Bateman as his next marchioness will not disrupt his life or make him question his love for his dead wife. But as he comes to appreciate Ivy’s sweet nature, he begins to wonder about their future.

 When an old enemy strikes at Miss Thorn and all her ladies, a grieving lord and a shy lady must work together to save the day. In doing so, they might just discover that love, and a good cinnamon bun, can heal all wounds."

Author: Regina Scott
Length: 232 pages
Series: Fortune's Brides (book 6)



Can a shy lady
Win the grieving lord's heart?


In one short year we have been blessed with 6 of the greatest books ever! I have enjoyed every single second of it IMMENSELY. Though I'm so sad to see the series end, I know I can dive back in anytime I want. (REREADS!!!! 😍)

One thing I really enjoyed about the series is meeting the couple from the NEXT book, and kind of getting to know them. Not in a super detailed way, but enough to build a great foundation for a wonderful love story. 

I LOVED Ivy & Lord Kendall in "Never Kneel to a Knight" and was REALLY looking forward to reading their story. Lucky for me I had the book on hand, so I started it as soon as I was done with "NKTAK", and finished it in one sitting.

The characters really came out of their shell throughout the book. Both started off very aloof and separate, but as time went on...*wiggles eyebrows* BAM! LOVE.

They learned from each other, they grew stronger as individuals and as a couple. It was a real partnership! (Even if it started out as a bit of a business deal)

Y'all know how much I LOOOVVVEEE 'marriage of convenience' stories. I also love when they're "forced" to get married. (Don't judge me)
I guessed you gathered this book uses that troupe. (ALL of the heart eyes. ALL OF THEM.)

As always, our little "shotgun marriage" turned into a great relationship and marriage. 
Because the characters were living under the same roof they had time to truly get to know each other. It was just sweet!
They learned what made each other tick, what made them happy or sad. They then took that information and used to strength each other.

Lord Kendall started out pretty paranoid. He wanted to hide his daughter from the world so she could never get hurt, but Ivy showed him that that was no way to LIVE. She helped him open up to love and live again.

Ivy was quite but observant, loving, and gentle. So different than most Society ladies. (but those are always my favorite stories)  Though she had so much to offer, she didn't see it. She let people take advantage of her, but Kendall helped her see her worth and realize that she could stand up for herself because she was worth it.

They were fun characters to learn about, and watch their story unfold. I already want to reread it!

Regina writes the best romances! All the wit, all the banter. all the chemistry, all the things. *swoon*

I rated this book a 4.5/5 stars.

*I received this book from the author**I was not required to leave a positive review**All opinions are my own*

I ADORED this series SO MUCH! I am sad to see it end, but excited for what the future holds for the author. I'll link all of my reviews for the series. I definitely suggest you try this series out, it is SO worth it! 💓

Never Doubt a Duke - book 1

Never Barrow a Baronet - book 2

Never Envy an Earl - book 3

Never Vie for a Viscount - book 4

Never Kneel to a Knight - book 5

No comments:

Post a Comment