Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Review: Storm Rising

Storm Rising

"Mentioned in the pages of the Septuagint but lost to history, the Book of the Wars has resurfaced, and its pages hold secrets--and dangers--never before seen on earth.  

Tasked with capturing the ancient text, former Navy SEAL Leif Metcalfe is finally given command of his own team. But their best efforts are ruined when a notorious Bulgarian operative known as "Viorica" snatches the volume right out from under them. 
Iskra "Viorica" Todorova is determined to use the book to secure the thing that matters most--freedom. But a series of strange storms erupts around the globe and the coming dangers foretold in the text threaten crops, lives--entire nations.
Though both are haunted by secrets of their past and neither trusts the other, Leif and Iskra must form an uneasy alliance to thwart impending disaster. However, the truth hidden in two-thousand-year-old words could unleash the storm of their own destruction."

Author: Ronie Kendig
Series: The Book of the Wars (book 1)
Publisher: Bethany House


Does an Ancient Book of Prophecy Hold the Answers to Saving the World
 . . . Or Predict Its Destruction? 


I am about to confess something that might strip me of my reader card...
This was the first book I've ever read by Ronie Kendig. 🙈  HOWEVER! It will not be my last.

I really really enjoyed this book. 
The writing style was totally my thing! It's everything I look for in contemporary books. It was fun and modern, with the perfect mix of humor and inner turmoil!

If you haven't picked up on this fact yet I'll make it real clear for you now, BANTER IS EVERYTHING TO ME! Here is why. Not only is it normally humorous, but when done correctly it makes chemistry explode off the page. 
The author did an AMAZE. ING. job with the banter and chemistry in this book. I always got excited when the whole team was together because the way they worked with, and off each other made the book authentic to me. The only issue I had with such a big team was keeping track of their names and what they did. I'm hoping that becomes a little clearer and easier to process as the series progresses.

This was the first military book I've ever read, and though I love NCIS as much as the next girl, all of the terms started to mix and combine in my head which did cause some confusion. I guess this just means I'll have to read more books in this genre to strengthen my vocabulary. Pity. 😏😉

The series has a super intriguing plot, and I'm sensing a TON of plot twists in our near future. I'm equally excited and terrified.
I have a love/hate relationship with series like this. I LOVE that the story keeps going, but I HATE that I have to wait so long for the conclusion. 

Leif was...*swoon* I don't know if there's much I can say about him. He's GREAT! He's super head and heart smart. He is selfless, but not stupid. He protects what he considers is his, but not in a controlling way. 

I actually really liked Iskra, like a lot! She was the girl version of Leif honestly. A little less trusting, but can ya blame her?! They really did click from their first interaction, and it didn't change. They could read each other's minds and souls...SOUL. MATES. 😍😍 

I still have so many questions!! When does book #2 comes out again?? Oh yeah, not soon enough. I"M READY!
I rated this a 4/5 stars! 

*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment