Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Review: Aiming for Love

Aiming for Love

"Josephine Nordegren is one of three sisters who grew up nearly wild in southwestern Colorado. She has the archery skills of Robin Hood and the curiosity of the Little Mermaid, fascinated by but locked away from the forbidden outside world--a world she's been raised to believe killed her parents. When David Warden, a rancher, brings in a herd much too close to the girls' secret home, her older sister especially is frightened, but Jo is too interested to stay away.

David's parents follow soon on his heels, escaping bandits at their ranch. David's father is wounded and needs shelter. Josephine and her sisters have the only cabin on the mountain. Do they risk stepping into the world to help those in need? Or do they remain separated but safe in the peaks of Hope Mountain?"


Author: Mary Connealy
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: Brides of Hope Mountain (book 1)



Their world will never be the same...


It breaks my heart when I don't love a book by one of my favorite authors! I'll be honest, the reviews are hard to write. 

This was one of those times for me. 
I didn't connect with any of the characters. They didn't feel fully flushed out, they felt really two dimensional to me. 

I felt like there were a few plot lines that were started and never touched on or wrapped up. I'm hoping to see them highlighted as the series goes on.

The romance was really, really quick. For how little they actually interacted with each other, and how little Jo knew about men or people, it just felt really rushed.  They weren't even in the same area for a portion of the book. 

I did really enjoy the family aspect of the book! Each family was close, even through the hard times. They held on to God, and each other. And THAT'S what got them through the valleys.

The story as a whole felt rushed and a bit incomplete. 
I LOVE Mary, and I am interested to read Isla & Mitch's story. This story just didn't hit the spot for me.
I rated it a 2.5/5 stars. 

*I received this book from the publisher**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment