Friday, June 12, 2020

Review: Storing Up Trouble

Storing Up Trouble


"When Miss Beatrix Waterbury's Chicago-bound train ride is interrupted by a heist, Mr. Norman Nesbit, a man of science who believes his research was the target of the heist, comes to her aid. Despite the fact that they immediately butt heads, they join forces to make a quick escape.

Upon her arrival in Chicago, Beatrix is surprised to discover her supposedly querulous Aunt Gladys shares her own suffragette passions. Encouraged by Gladys to leave her sheltered world, Beatrix begins working as a salesclerk at the Marshall Field and Company department store. When she again encounters Norman on a shopping expedition, he is quickly swept up in the havoc she always seems to attract.

But when another attempt is made to part Norman from his research papers, and it becomes clear Beatrix's safety is also at risk, they soon discover the curious way feelings can grow between two very different people in the midst of chaos."


Author: Jen Turano
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: The American Heiresses (book 3)


***

OH MAN. OH MAN. OH MAN. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO STINKIN' MUCH!! 
I think it's my favorite of the series!

I really wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Norman at the beginning of the book since he was very close minded. BUT! He turned out to be one the sweetest, most thoughtful, adorable quirky, and unusual hero. I LOVED watching him change and work really hard, but never losing HIMSELF. He just made me smile.

Beatrix was a hoot! She was quirky and fun. I loved really seeing her in this book. Her spunk and determination really made her enjoyable.

Aunt Gladys and the ladies she took under her wing were spectacular! They really added the Turano flare, SO MUCH character, and many giggles to the experience! (The cats were a wonderful touch as well)

It was really fun to see some real towns that I know of, and actually live near, mentioned at the beginning of the book. It was a cool touch!

😍😍😍😍
I just loved ALL. THE. THINGS.
😍😍😍😍

5/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment