Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Review: The Story People

The Story People

 "When Ben Palermo inherited his uncle’s bookstore in small-town New Holden, Indiana, it was like stepping back in time. The nostalgia, however, is tainted by a painful past, one that Ben would rather leave behind. Can he stay in this town and run the business that holds so many conflicting memories for him? Or will he finally sell? When a group of well-meaning women make it their mission to keep him in town by finding him a wife, his life is about to get more interesting ... and complicated.

Rosemary is a children’s author and illustrator with a painful history of her own. When she meets Ben, she is overwhelmed by his disarming charm ... and familiarity. But when a series of events casts Ben in a suspicious light and a persistent friend makes claims on her heart, Rosemary must discover the truth in order to finally reconnect with her past. 

The Story People is a celebration of the connection forged when a book is opened, loved, and shared and the vision and purpose found when letting God use you wherever you are."


Author: Heather Kaufman
Genre: Contemporary Romance


***


This book has that "small town" feel, and I loved it. I could totally see this playing as a spring/summer hallmark romance! It has all the perfect makings for a cute one.

It was a cute story, with a fun unique premise! I loved the flashback scenes that began each chapter! 

Each character, especially the side characters really played a part in making the small town come to life on the page!

I've talked about this before, one of my biggest pet peeves is lack of communication, and this book had quite a bit of that so the story dragged on a bit for me. It picked up towards the middle once I actually got into the story.

I liked that each character had to learn a life lesson on their OWN first. And I LOVED that they had spiritual mentors that they could, and did, turn to!

I was a really cute story, and I liked it!
3.5/5 stars

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment