Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Review: A Temporary Engagement

A Temporary Engagement

"Elena is a thriving pharmacist who is completely confident in her single status. Well, relatively confident. But when her best friend calls in a favor for a needy brother-in-law, Elena can't say no. How hard can it be to fake an engagement for one evening?
Mason is not one to beg for a date. In fact, he prides himself on his natural charm and charisma. But when his big mouth gets him into trouble, he needs some last-minute help. He just didn't expect his rescuer to be quite so attractive. Or so completely uninterested in him.
What happens when this one night sham turns into more than these two planned for?"

Author: Summer Dowell
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Fake Love Series (book 3)

A fake fiance is supposed to stay that way: fake.


AHHH!! All of the heart eyes! Y'all know this is one of my favorite troupes EVER!!

Writing this review is making me all smiley just because I'm replaying the book in my mind, and I just loved it!

The wit & banter between the characters was EVERYTHING! There was such amazing chemistry between the main characters! There was also amazing chemistry between the side characters, which made me love the book even more.

I love that this series is centered on one family. The sibling relationship, even the parental relationship, in this book was such fun. I could totally put my family in these roles, so I was having a grand time reading this story.

Elena & Mason were such fun characters! They clicked on the page instantly, and I loved every minute of their story!

The story had a chick-lit movie vibe, and I was HERE FOR IT!

I would've loved some more history/back story about the main characters. (especially Elena's)
BUT for the size and purpose of the book it was perfect!

This was an amazing clean read! I'm so glad I have the other book in the series on my bookshelf already.
I think Summer is a new favorite contemporary author!
I rated this book 5/5 stars!

(Though this is a series, the books can definitely be read alone)

*I received this book from the author**All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment